Asian Noodle Soup and Malaysian Postcards


Malaysia- It is not so long ago when I visited this beautiful part of Asia and wondered at the beauty of the mixture of it's culture: Malay, Chinese and Indian. And I tell you I still have the taste of this delicious noodle soup I had at that small village while waiting for our train. Those moments are priceless! After so long hiatus ( a rollercoaster ride of adventure) I'm glad to announce that my kitchen is back! See you all soon!

Asian Noodle Soup

for 4 persons

Ingredients:
1 pack of rice noodle soup
1 liter of chicken stock
200 g of ground pork
8 pieces of fish balls
2 teaspoons of Fish sauce
2 tablespoons of garlic oil
some Bok choy or young spinach leaves for garnishing

Preparation:
1. Cook the noodles as per direction.
2. In another casserole boil the chicken stock. Add the ground pork and the fish balls. Season with fish sauce to taste.
3. Put the noodles in their individual bowl. Scoop a soup, the ground, and some fish balls. Garnish with bok choy leaves and garlic oil on the top





The colorful kelantan market of Kota Baru


The beautiful muslim city of Kota baru

Cafeteria Malaysian style

Tea plantation Cameron Highlands





9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I'd love to visit Malaysia. That soup is wonderful!

Cheers,

Rosa

Little Corner of Mine said...

Welcome back! You made me miss my country very much. Your noodle soup looks delicious.

Finla said...

It is so nice to see a new post from you. So how is you pasta place going on there.

Unknown said...

Is that lovely soup for me? it has my name on it:-) I haven't visited your blog in a while:-( and I see congrats are in order with the news of your restaurant. I wish you every sucess!

ChichaJo said...

Glad to see you back! Are you still in Manila? Looking forward to reading all about it here :)

Oliver Richmond said...

I love to eat Malaysian food so thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I am a writer focused on career and physical development to spread more issues and tips to develop and works through Professional resume writing service and I loves cooking very much. I would like to share something with all of you. Hokkien Mee is one of the best hawker delicacies in Penang. Go early for the hokkien mee or otherwise you will need to wait very long for your bowl of mee. Ask for the pork lard to go with the hokkien mee. You definitely won’t be disappointed by the crispiness of it. The hokkien mee usually sold out before 11am.

Clipping Path Service said...


Thank you so much for the detailed article.Thanks again.

Arulraj said...

Thank you for sharing very useful & informative article.
For sofa repair service contact thesofastore they gives
Best Sofa Repair Services in Harlur Bangalore

Abhiram Guruji said...

Nice Post. Thank you for sharing this Information.
Visit Best Astrologer in Alberta.